The fifth book in the TWO FACE series is the most voluminous and in-depth yet. With each successive narrative we not only get to know all the characters and players more thoroughly, we’re also able to sketch and color the context of the crime in increasingly vivid detail.
5 months after the murders, and despite unrelenting and focused research, we’re still in the process of getting to know the criminal psychology of Watts himself. Although our understanding is definitely more intimate today than it was before Christmas, to feel our way to the real people, real motives and real circumstances of this unique case has clearly taken time and effort, and though we’ve made substantial progress, we’re not quite there yet.
True crime research is strange. With more information new questions and possibilities arise. Inevitably the basic arc of what we know [and the why] shifts perceptibly forward, but frustratingly, some simple answers remain frustratingly out of reach.
Please note if you wish to stand in the running to win the 5th book please begin your comment with: #Kindle. If you have never read a Kindle book, don’t have an Amazon account or don’t know how to download or read a book on Kindle, please don’t use #Kindle in your comment because you won’t be able to claim/download/read the book.
For more on this read “Why are your books only available on Kindle – and how do I get one?”
Some of the questions asked and answered [and in some exceptional cases not answered] in DRILLING FOR DISCOVERY include the following:
1. Why did Nickole Atkinson go to 2825 Saratoga Trail in the first place on Monday morning? There are two reasons to this answer, one of them obvious, but the other is not very well known.
2. What shoes did Shan’ann Watts wear on the airplane? Motivate your answer.
3. Name three locations for the girls’ shoes that appeared out of place on August 13.
4. When was the first time Watts was asked whether he [or Shan’ann] was having an affair, and who asked him?
5. When did law enforcement become aware that Watts was likely having an affair with a co-worker?
6. When did Nichol Kessinger speak to the cops for the first time?
7. Who found Shan’ann’s purse, when and where was it?
8. The colored object on the left hand side in the drawer beside the bed in the master bedroom, is it a kid’s toy or anal beads?
9. When Watts was asked to suggest various ways of making someone disappear, which answer tied in directly with the way/circumstances surrounding how this crime was committed?
10. The District Attorney believes the children were smothered. Were they? Did Chris Watts confess to smothering his children?
The degree of difficulty for these questions is tougher than for the last quiz. The winner will be selected on Sunday 27. Only one comment per user is allowed.
TWO FACE DRILLING THROUGH DISCOVERY will be available before the end of January.