On the night of August 14, CBI agent Greg Zentner was dispatched to Boulder to interview the most crucial witness in the Watts case. The transcript below is an excerpt from a 72 page document spanning 3223 lines of text.
CrimeRocket is the first to reproduce and analyze this critical transcript in-depth. The entire transcript has been broken down into 15 sections.
The eleventh part includes:
- One of the earliest indications of infidelity.
- Nickole describes the circumstances around Watts going to the “Rockies Game” [a lesser crime in the scheme of things but one he couldn’t get away with either].
- Shan’ann’s also received security alerts from the house on her phone, so she knew when Watts was home and when not.
- The fact that Shan’ann asked Watts to save the receipt means he had to have known he would have been busted shortly after Shan’ann returned home.
- During one of Shan’ann’s last conversations with her husband he told her he didn’t want to talk to her because he needed to “work out”.
- Nickole describes Shan’ann being in “a lot of [emotional] pain on the plane”, during the flight home. This suggests Shan’ann intended to confront Watts when she got home, and probably wouldn’t have been able to sleep even if she’d tried to sleep.
The audio for the above transcript is available here.
The twelfth part deals with Nickole’s knowledge of the Watts’ finances.