On 08/20/18, along with Michael Rourke and several DDA’s, I met with Frank and Frankie Rzucek at the Weld County District Attorney’s office. While briefly interviewing both Frank and Frankie I learned the following:
• Watts stated to Sandi that Shanann “was in one of her moods.”
• Nicole spoke with Sandi that morning and was concerned about Shanann and the girls’ whereabouts.
• Shanann’s phone and iWatch were never turned off and that she charged them on her night stand each night. [This is probably a reference to them habitually being left on, in contrast to them being found off ito of the crime scene].
• The girls’ Jack & Jill bathroom doors were typically locked at night to keep Bella and Celeste out of the bathroom.
• Sandi called Watts and left a voice message. She subsequently called him again to check on Shanann.
• Watts was distant with Shanann’s family the one week he was in NC. This was the last week of six weeks Shanann and the girls were in NC visiting family.
• Frank stated Watts’ relationship with his mother is not as good as the relationship with his dad.
• Frank confirmed the conflict between Shanann and her mother-in-law (Cindy Watts) regarding Celeste’s peanut allergy.
• Frankie stated that Shanann “wore the pants” in the family.
• Frank said Watts was more stern and confrontational with Bella and Celeste while he was visiting in NC the last week of the six week trip.
• Frank installed the hotel style latch on the front door to prevent Celeste from opening the door.
• Frank also said a big blue blanket was typically on the couch. Note: this blanket has not been located to date.
• Frank confirmed the outside garage door opener key pad has never worked. Nothing further.
Det. Dave Baumhover #11-02.